Is there anything better than peaches in the summer? In Wyoming, we start talking about the traveling farmers markets that arrive with crates of the fresh fruits early in the summer. So many seasonal recipes featuring peaches as the main ingredient from friends and family – I look forward to it every year. So, it’s perfect timing to share this Grilled Balsamic Peach and Buratta Salad as part of the Salad on Sundays weekly blog series. The peaches are so fresh and completely packed with flavor. And grilling them brings out even more of that unique fruit flavor.
This recipe is fun to share because the honey vinegar that gives the dressing it’s unique flavor was created by friends of mine who own Big Lost Meadery here in Wyoming. They primarily brew mead, but with that much access to honey, they decided to make some vinegar as well. And I am so glad they did because it’s the perfect base to any summer salad dressing. If you’re local and you want to get your hands on some, you can pick it up at Big Lost or at Heaven to Earth.
A quick note – if you missed the introduction of this series last week you can take a peak at it here. The when, what, and where of this series is explained along with the recipe for the very first recipe, Watermelon salad with Champagne Vinaigrette.
This is another super simple recipe with a mix of some of my favorite summer flavors. It has the perfect balance of sweet and savory and makes a very light, but filling meal. Thanks for following this series and enjoy the rest of your Sunday!Print
Grilled Balsamic Peach & Buratta Salad with Honey Pecan Vinaigrette
Light, flavorful salad with balsamic glazed grilled peaches and a vinaigrette with notes of honey, thyme and pecan.
- Prep Time: 15
- Cook Time: 15
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 2
- Category: Cook
- Cuisine: Salad
For the Salad:
- 2 large yellow peaches
- 1/4 C balsamic vinegar
- 4 Tbs honey
- 4 C mixed salad greens
- 8 oz. burrata cheese
For the Vinaigrette:
- 1/4 C honey vinegar
- 1/2 C good olive oil
- 2 Tbs chopped pecans
- 2 Sprigs lemon thyme
- Pinch of salt and pepper (to taste)
- Add the balsamic vinegar and honey to saucepan. Simmer for 10-15 until the mixture is reduced.
- Cut peaches in half, remove the pits.
- Glaze the inside of each half and place on the grill over medium heat. Grill each side for 4-5 minutes.
- Plate salad greens and add burrata cheese
- Add the vinegar, olive oil, pecans, thyme leaves, salt and pepper to a blender or food processor and blend until completely smooth. Add more salt and pepper to taste.
- Slice peaches and add to the greens.
- Drizzle vinaigrette over the salads and enjoy!
- Serving Size: 2
Keywords: Salad On Sundays, Salad Recipe, Fruit